Thursday, June 25, 2009

Finally Made It and the past few week's break down

It was a hot long drive from Mississippi to El Paso, but the Zamora family made it. We had one casualty a fis that did NOT make it. My hubby and I decided to drive two of our vehicles and haul our boat.

We made it to Phoenix late on Sunday. Monday meant a cajillion errands for getting the new rental set up. SD loves the new rental house. Our old house closed in Mississippi on Monday as well. We are no longer home owners.

There are no homes for sale where we want to buy right now. So we aer playing the increasingly fun waiting game. :( We are staying at my aunt's. Her home is lovely and has all the luxury touches in a home. SD loves my aunt's house...mostly because my aunt is spoiling her rotten.

Father's day was a drive, but we celebrated with Bey and let hime know how much we appreciated him. He leaves on Sunday, and it is going to be so hard being apart for a month.

Bey's birthday was yesterday, and we celebrated in style. I even managed to get out and get him a gift he actually wanted.

I am crushingly behind on work which is why I am up at 5 AM getting my work done. :( I keep getting phone calls at 5 from students and schools on Eastern time. I really would appreciate if that would stop. Sigh.

1 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

oh lordy -- tell them NOT to call you before noon THEIR TIME!!

Glad you made it safely. Good luck settling in!