Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Why do blessings wear disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

I was whining to my mother about my life this morning. I need to mention here this probably has more to do with PMS than any actual problems I have. :)

My new home is starting to take shape and look like an actual house. My dining room is finished except for a giant mirror that has to be mounted on the wall. My guest bathroom is finished except for this funky piece of metal wall art that goes there that I have not located yet. The man room is almost finished except for the electronic stuff that is all Bey's. I won't even pretend I know how to do that. The living room is finished except for a couch that is coming Friday. The boxes are not unpacking themselves...sigh. I took the boat out Sunday night for a tiny spin. It just felt good to drive it and have the wind in my hair. I also did a quick swim in the lake and it was so warm. I had bought chicken for dinner and I sat on the lake in the boat eating with the dog and watching how beautiful the sun sets in the desert.

My husband is pretty romantic. He writes careful loving cards and letters to me all the time. And during this period of being apart we have both been mailing each other packages and cards to say that we care. I need to mention here that his cards always put mine to shame. Mine are always along the lines of I miss you. I love you. Whereas his are always pontifications on our perfect future in our wonderful new home with SD. Really I should take a class. The other day however I came up with a fantastic idea. I called one of my best friends in Starkville. I gave her the ingredients and my specific cooking instructions and she made Bey his favorite meal from me. Cooked exactly like he likes it. A long distance hug of comfort food.

1 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

What a nice thing to do! I never would have thought of that one. Once again, your obvious adoration for one another inspires me. You guys totally deserve each other! - G