Saturday, June 19, 2010

A stepmom is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan


Hosted my very first stepmom group dinner party at my house on Friday.   I have been getting together with these ladies since November for a little dinner, and a little discussing life in a blended family and all that it entails: the skids, the husband, the bio mom etc. 

Sometimes in recent months it has become my life raft.  It is so good to hear that even when things are not perfect at my house that they are not perfect at anyone else’s house either. 

On Friday I kicked my family out so that I could play hostess.  My family went to the movies while I dished with my girls about the life and times of this not so wicked stepmom.  Usually our meetings only last an hour or two, but Friday stretched all the way until 11.  In fact my family had already returned home by the time the last stepmom left.

The evening was a roaring success.  I am pretty excited to be hostessing July’s meeting as well. 

0 Mad Ramblings: