Sunday, September 12, 2010

Here is what happens…your body gets older. But your mind stays the same. Maybe.



I was out tonight.  Bey is out of town.  And I am busy running around going out like I am in college.  (not really)  Example 1.) I left the house at 8 o’clock (at Auburn I never went out before 10:30) .  Example 2.)  I went to dinner first (at Auburn I could not afford to go out and go to dinner).  Example 3.) I am already home (at Auburn it was a bad night if I was home at 12:45 AM.  Nevertheless let me live my dream.  I decided while I was out it is a strange strange strange world we are living in. 
Call me naïve but I have never seen one of those crazy vapor cigarettes before.  I was mesmerized and asked a million questions about them.*  Additionally I met the band that was playing live out tonight.  They played some classic rock that I did.  After their set I talked to them.  In the past I would have been too busy running my mouth to talk to the band.  BUT tonight was surreal.  I couldn’t help feeling like it was last summer and Bey was going to be stuck in Mississippi.  That is how it felt all last summer.  Surreal and frustrating.  It shouldn’t feel like that now since my life is perfect.  Bey is here, we have a wonderful home, and we are never going to be separated for a long time ever again.  So it was crazy I felt like that.  Overall the evening was a success.  Perfect time for getting together with all of my friends.

*Ridiculous since I don’t even smoke, but I was fascinated by the blue light!

2 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

LOL I've got four of those things. One has a blue light and one has has a pink one! Now the pink is pretty cool! LOL

IPG said...

Those things are amazing. I swear and they come in like 50 flavors. :) A trip and how are you madam! I saw your book, and I am going to order and read very soon!