Wednesday, June 23, 2010

“Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.” Shaq


I need to commit to writing here more often.  Life love and appreciation just flow at my house.  Why isn’t that easy to write about?  I just forget, and I am busy.  I guess those are crappy excuses but it is what it is. 

We sold our boat, our refrigerator, our grill, and some sinks from our house.  This is because we are buying a new boat, we bought a new French door stainless steel fridge (my new baby), we had an outdoor kitchen installed at our home and our grill connects directly to the gas line, and we put granite in all our bathrooms so we had some leftover sinks.  We sold everything on craigslist in 2 days.  The wonders of modern technology…we sold our boat in 45 minutes leading me to wonder if we had it priced too low.  :)

Now if anyone has a jet boat that seats 8 in good condition from 2005 or beyond I would appreciate a phone call.  :)  Since I am buying.  We are boatless, and I don’t like it.  AND as annoying as this is to believe every boat I keep finding is out of state.  Poor Bey looks like I am going to drag him away this weekend after all. 

SD finished out the year with straight A’s so no homework for her this summer. I am however having her participate in the summer reading program so that we can all go to a Diamondback game again this year.  We did it last year, and it was a lot of fun.  SD and I were also planning on going to see the release of the new Twilight movie Eclipse, but she will be visiting her grandma at that time. 

Today is movie day at our house.  This involves watching Gone With the Wind, and Auntie Mame.  Those were the movies selected for this year’s annual movie day.   We will also be having Thanksgiving in June tomorrow on Bey’s birthday.  Finally we decided to add something new to our list of fun stuff we like to do in the summer.  We will be hostessing our first annual High Tea at the Case de IPG.  Everyone is going to wear hats, and drink tea and eat scones and maybe talk with British accents (this has not been decided on yet.  SD votes yes, and I vote no). 

Finally I am busy busy planning SD’s fabulous birthday extravaganza.  I came up with the idea in FEBRUARY.  And I have managed to keep it a secret all this time.  It is a major accomplishment for me.  Since usually I just spill the beans everywhere.  :)  It is a big huge deal and she is going to DIE when she figures out what it is.  I am really very excited about it!   Thankfully I don’t have to keep it a secret much longer.


0 Mad Ramblings: