Monday, May 4, 2009

“A weapon which you don't have in your hand won't kill a snake” African Proverb

This morning I was hanging out in the backyard. I sat on this stump in front of the lake. I was contemplating the tough questions...should I fish or eat lunch or go back inside and do some work. ;) Anyway, I ended up just sitting on the stump. I looked into the water and that DANG SNAKE was swimming underwater not even 2 feet away from me. It swam right up under where my feet were and poked its head up for some sun. I was so angry, because I have declared war on this snake, but I didn't have my shot gun or even a shovel. No weapon to attack my nemesis. I was actually scared to move. I was literally 12 inches away from this snake. This snake needs to watch it because he just made it on my list!

I am working more than I normally do this time of year. I just had my last synchronous class until August. It makes for a nice break to not be tied up on Monday nights from 7-9:30. I have been contemplating picking up a few classes on ground once I move to Phoenix. I sort of miss being in the classroom, and I think I would like to adjunct on ground a bit once we move.

The midget (SD) although not as midgety these days...she is growing...will be here soon. I can't wait to see her. I always look forward to summers. I need to get busy scheduling her camps and activities.

1 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

I hate snakes! That said, I haven't seen one in a while. But I'm sure there are some in the woods behind our house -- there's everything else back there including possums, deer, rabbits, huge spiders, and so forth.

I know you're glad summer's here! Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures with SD.