Tuesday, March 3, 2009

If you ever here me say baby...I am talking about my laptop. IPG

Something funny that we laugh about here in the land of IPG is that I give everything nicknames. I also have a tendency to use copious amounts of adjectives! So for example I might be talking about a chair. I would have a tendency to say "That little chair over there."

When I started my Ph. D. I bought a minute little laptop that got dubbed at our home "IPG's baby" or "IPG's Babytop." So if anyone at our house said "Where is IPG's Baby?" everyone knew we were not discussing my husband or even my darling dog. We were talking about my computer.

The computer is even named that on our home network! So if you ever hear me use the word baby...you did not overhear a pet name for my husband...I have my priorities in order...I am talking about my computer. Snicker!

1 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

So you got one of those little mini-babies too. I love mine. It was especially nice yesterday when I had to check emails after two days offline, I finally stuck the mini in my purse and headed off to Paneras. The battery lasts longer on the mini than on my regular laptop (and it weighs less than a pound!).

Love the pictures on your cruise post!