Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."


Today I want to talk about Bey.  When I met Bey in October 2002 he was dating someone very seriously.  I was engaged.  We did not see one another again until February 2003.  By February 2003 I had called off my engagement and Bey had put his ex on the road.  Yet we still did not start dating.  In February, I met a fabulous man that was all wrong for me!  I had to spend some time pursuing that insanity.  Then came the inevitable break up.  Finally late May 2003 we went on our first date.  We have been together ever since. 

But that is not what I wanted you to know about Bey.  When I met Bey he was a lot of fun.  I was not ready to get married.  But he will tell you.  He knew I was it for him.  He pursued me with a dogged determination.  He came by my house and spoke of how he saw his future.  He urged me to talk about my future.  Eventually we started talking about our future.

Then we got married.  Marriage is a funny thing sometimes.  It takes two people that know each other pretty well (we had been dating a year and a half after all), and turns them into two strangers that now live in the same house.  I started my doctorate 10 short days after our wedding.  I like stress.  Kidding.  Although you would believe that is true if you watched a movie of my life Drew Barrymore should play me I think.  We had a miscarriage early in our marriage.  We had regular stress of bills, and adjusting to life in Mississippi.  Then I got sick.  We had to face down chemo and radiation. 

We moved to Arizona and we were separated for 5 months.  During all of this time, I may have been the rock in our relationship, but Bey has always been the foundation.  He loves me.  He loves me so much I can relax.  I can take deep healing breaths around him.

Lately with some of the things that have gone on not only have I needed my foundation I have needed a rock.  He has been all that and more.  I have to say that I appreciate him.  This blogs for you darling. 

0 Mad Ramblings: