Monday, August 9, 2010

Lord Chesterfield -, “Persist and persevere, and you will find most things that are attainable, possible."

Is this always the best path? Is this always the way to go. I have never not once in my entire life ever given up on anything that I wanted. Once I decide I want something it is as good as mine. I stalked the neighborhood I wanted to live in ran spreadsheets and data until I found the perfect house that we could afford. Then at the perfect time I pounced like a cat on my goal and I had the house.

Point 2 I fought Maricopa County. I sued them and won. I had the guy by the tail. Hours of phone calls and faxing, and I won. We settled out of court and they had to cover my fees.

Point 3 when I was coming home daily crying about my Ph. D. crying because my professor or even some of the other students were horrible male chauvinist pigs; I did not once falter. I did not once stammer. I kept going.
I fight till the death to get my way. But today I am faced with a crossroads. Actually I won’t be faced with this crossroad until Wednesday so I am sort of borrowing a bit from Wednesday’s crossroads, but I digress. Do I need to keep persisting and persevering? Or is it time to lay this burden down? When is enough… enough? And why oh why do I have to put my Faith on the line about something I have no control over.
Persistence Perseverance my two best friends are you the ones I should be listening to? Bey and I have been married over 5 years. On our fifth wedding anniversary I asked him to tell me five things about me that he cannot live without. The second thing he listed was my dogmatic pursuit of my goal.
So as I sit, looking around my beautiful home filled with beautiful things, and as I wonder and cry. Do I fight or sit this one out?

0 Mad Ramblings: