Monday, August 16, 2010

My interest in life comes from setting myself huge, apparently unachievable challenges and trying to rise above them. Richard Branson


This is why it is fantastic to be a stepmom.  You listen to teenage girl angst.  You pay very close attention.  You nod your head solemnly and you smile like an ancient wise soul.  You place your hand under your chin as you ponder strife you could not imagine could occur to an upper middle class teenage girl.  Then you sigh and say with authority.  Go Ask Your Father. It is a fabulous power really.  I wish I could exercise it in all aspects of my life. 

SD had her first boyfriend last year.  Or perhaps crush is the better word.  It was obvious to me.  Here this little girl who I could barely get to take a bath with tears, threats, gnashing of teeth suddenly became exceedingly interested in her appearance.  It was a crush!  Of course the only thing that could change behavior like that would be a BOY.  Unfortunately this boy is unfantastic.  And I am so glad her interest in him has disseminated. 

It’s the most wonderful time of the year…no not Christmas.  The time when the munchkin goes back to school.  I love having her here, but I have to transition to my fall busy schedule.  No more of my summer lazy schedule. 

My bridesmaid dress came this weekend for my BFF Sally’s wedding.  Sally and I have been BFFs since 1995.  Fifteen years.  Oh my.  We met at Auburn when we were just munchkins ourselves.  After complaining to her that I am not feeling great lately, that I am struggling with some of my own personal demons.  She suggested that I go back to Auburn.  Pretend I am 18, rush my sorority again, and get our buddy Matt to make me a fake idea.  See this is why she is my BFF she always has the best ideas.  Unfortunately because of some of the events going on I may not be at the wedding.   We talked about it this weekend and she was so supportive of where my journey is.

0 Mad Ramblings: