Sunday, November 2, 2008

"Never mistake motion for action." Hemingway

So why hasn't IPG been discussing her dissertation? Because she is stuck. Stuck in the mud. I sat down and had a good old fashioned cry about it this morning. Let me just tell you that Bey was ecstatic about that little development. Tears flowed as I realized how overwhelmed I really am. I am going to have to come up with a new plan for working on my dissertation. However this week I am conducting a big research project that involves polling voters. Because it involves polling voters it has to be worked on for Tuesday. This means that Monday and Tuesday will be filled with coordinating my research problem.

Wednesday will be spent cleaning my house frantically because my parents are coming on Thursday – Sunday. It is going to be fun, and I am happy they are coming. I miss them. So I am going to have to puzzle this dissertation problem out while being busy this week. A dear friend said to me today. "Everywhere you turn there is change and it makes you nervous. You think that you need to stabilize your life now, but this may be impossible with so many circumstances out of your control. Instead of trying to do the impossible, focus your attention on how you react to what's happening. Your life will get easier once you give up the idea of being in charge of it all." Thanks El Paso. Some truer words have never been spoken.


0 Mad Ramblings: