Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Yeah awkward isn't it?

So I got some big news via email today. I am not troll baiting...I swear I am not! But I can't say anything about it yet. However I have been praying and really feel like this whole situation will come to a close soon. When it does I am going to let loose! I hope that I will know something by Friday, but I am trying to be realistic. My realistic/optimistic date is July 9! Cross your fingers y'all!

My dad came home from work sick today displaying stroke symptoms. Of course he won't go to the doctor or hospital so I have to just sit 1800 miles away and worry. That is disappointing and annoying. My father is a stubborn man...and I don't feel as though it should be his time to go. I am not old enough to lose my father. I love him, and I want him to enjoy retirement with my mom.

DH baseball game got rained out today! So I am at home working on some homework. I am drowning in the amount of assignments I am required to turn in...THANKFULLY I am going to spend some time today getting caught up. Surely to goodness it will all be worth it when I can make you all call me Dr. April. :)

It rained all day today so the deck personnel couldn't come out and work on our deck. That is ok, but I was hoping they could get it finished. I am planning a surprise 31 b-day for DH on Sunday and wanted it ready. Ah well! I will live. Let's just hope it won't rain all week.

My stepdaughter is enjoying her time here, and it is great to see how she is growing and maturing. Her personality is really forming, and it has been fun enjoying her company this summer! This rain is making her stir-crazy while at the same time making all the adults lethargic.

I don't have anything profound to offer today other than I have 1.5 weeks left of summer one courses! That is not really profound. Oh! I had an article I wrote rejected from a journal today. I was pumped because they took 6 months to review it and believed that it was going to be accepted. I disagree with several of the reasons they gave for rejection and this puts me back to the drawing board in terms of publishing this article. That is more annoying than profound. To date this paper has been rejected twice.

I had planned to spend the month of may writing a book. I have an idea for a really great book. I believe I could get it accepted and published if I just sat down and wrote. I am self motivated and very disciplined, but this book as of yet has no wings. I have done all the research and compiled around 1500 pages of research for the text. If I could just get it written I would feel better. Even if I could never find a home for it...I would have tried, and wouldn't be able to say "If only I ...."

I am out of fodder for today's post. I need some sleep as my insomnia is threatening to catch up with me. :)
April

0 Mad Ramblings: