Saturday, August 11, 2007

Trophy Wife

My DH affectionately calls me his trophy wife. I used to claim that is was a pejorative term. However sly hubby took a page out of my own book and did some research. He told me that the new trophy wife had to be accomplished. :) It helps that I am a superb cook as well.

The article he used to back up his claim was from Psychology Today http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-3210.html He is getting good at his research that smarty britches. :) Another thing he said was that alpha males are pursuing alpha females these days.

My husband is successful in his own right. He is the first person in his family to attend college. He is the first person in his family to have a masters degree. He has been held back unfortunately by my need to be here in Starkville to finish my Ph.D. I appreciate the sacrifice to his career he may or may not have had to make to stay in Starkville with me. I stayed in El Paso an additional year for him...so he owed me a bit. However I believe I am going to OWE him when I finish school. I would really like him to pursue a Ph.D. He says he is DONE with school though. No more school for him.

Being married to my best friend has allowed me to relax and really concentrate on my scholastic achievements. I appreciate that he knows that and has been so supportive. I hope he is as supportive when I am insufferable because I am Dr. April.

1 Mad Ramblings:

anonymous female said...

Well there aren't that many blond, and gorgeous software writing, super brains out there! Of course hubby pinches himself to make sure he isn't dreaming.

Let me contrast for a moment. Here in Mexico, blonds are regarded as something better and smarter while back home we diss on blonds as being stupid. So you killed two birds with one stone, proved to USA blonds aren't dumb and proved to Mexico that blonds ARE superior! ha ha, please laugh, that was completely baseless, but I wanted to make a joke of these silly stereotypes we have. You are a trophy; hubby better see it. I appreciate brainy friends.
Felipe doesn't regard me as a trophy wife (he is so unaware sometimes!) but his mom and siblings ALL think he hit the jackpot with me. Tee hee. Nothing like doing what you enjoy and having an audience too. So keep on keeping on girl!