Tuesday, May 5, 2009

‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’ Patrick Henry

I saw the snake again this morning. Ok it might have been a turtle...I was in my kitchen so I am not quite sure. I was relaying my brush with death with my father. I was also threatening to take out that snake. My dad piped in with "You know that air rifle is going to ricochet off of anything it hits in the water." I respond, "I was not going to use the air rifle. I was going to use the 12 gauge." My dad responded, "Think of the resale on your house! The neighbors will hear how bad the snakes are that IPG is in the back yard blasting at them with a shotgun. But a shotgun would do the trick." This was all said in jest. I have no intentions of blasting away at a snake in my backyard like I am involved in the Hattfield and McCoy feud. But the exchange was funny so I thought I would relay it.

I also forgot to relay the story about Sunday's open house. After going to church HH and I came home and got our home sparkling for the open house. I was still quite sick so I was only half joking when I sobbed that I wanted to call my maids to come help me scrub my giant Jacuzzi tub. I need to mention that while I am self centered enough to have my maids on speed dial I am too terrified of them to be calling in a panic on Sunday. My maids are stern ladies. They would not appreciate my bit of dramatics on a Sunday. Ok I am joking..they would have come and helped me out. I just didn't want to hear about what a weenie I am. The kind ladies that clean my house are so fantastic I would move them to Phoenix with me if I got the chance. They take care of me, and call to check on me when I am not feeling well. They clean like nobodies business, and tell fascinating stories.

Finally this morning I went outside and started hacking away at this enormous bush in front of our home. My next door neighbor ran out and begged me to stop. There is a mocking bird nest in bush. I hadn't touched the nest so the baby birdies were saved. I saw the momma happily fly back as I packed up my tools and went back inside.

0 Mad Ramblings: