Wednesday, November 18, 2009

“I can't do literary work for the rest of this year because I'm meditating another lawsuit and looking around for a defendant” Mark Twain

Bey and I are going to court!

I can't believe I wrote that whole long post, and forgot to mention our law suit. Now neither Bey nor I are particularly Litigious. I do have a daddy that is an attorney, but that doesn't mean I run around suing folks. However I am going to take on Maricopa County.

That is right. Bey and I are going to take Maricopa County to court. :) It sounds much more dramatic than it is. But we will be fighting in small claims court that our tax assessment in too high. For the cost of 142 dollars I can argue that my house was overvalued by the tax assessor's office and the value needs to be lowered for taxing purposes. I am gathering all the evidence I need...most notably my closing papers. I believe that proves quite handily what the fair market value for our home is. Since that is what we paid. :)

2 Mad Ramblings:

Eyes Wide Open said...

Good luck!!! The tax assessors can be real self-serving beasts sometimes...

Anonymous said...

Good luck!