Friday, November 13, 2009

“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…”-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I want my money back. It has been cloudy 4 days in a row. I moved here for the sunshine. :) Actually I moved here for precious SD, but some sunshine would be nice as well.

Darling Bey leaves the great state of Mississippi a week from today. They are throwing him a large going away party that is is a secret I believe. He will have a great time, and I am glad they are honoring him this way. I don't know what his poor boss is going to do with out him.

My sweet daddy is spending the night in my old stomping grounds...El Paso, TX. He should be in Phoenix either tomorrow or Sunday. I am so grateful that we are going to have such a large group at Thanksgiving. I am also excited that I will be able to share my new beautiful home with my family.

My sister met Stephen King today. I am VERY jealous. I love him. He is one of my most favorite authors. It is pretty exciting that she got that opportunity.

Work has been washing over my head like waves. I am so over worked it seems. Now is the last big push until the end of the year. This is not a problem, but I would just like a break.

I saw the movie 2012 with SD and mom this evening. During the movie I realized I have burning desire to go to Tibet. So I will probably be planning something along those lines in the next year or so.

The car search has stalled. Mostly because I have been in mad preparation for family. Hubby has gotten a much better position and a substantial raise so I may bump up my desires a bit more.

I believe I have blogged before on our desire to live a debt free life. Other than our mortgage Bey and I are debt free. So I won't be buying a car that we can't pay for outright. If I were to sit tight for a month or so more I could afford a bit more. But I don't really care what I drive. Mostly if it has four wheels, an automatic transmission, and cranks when I put the key in I am pretty happy.

My dissertation has stalled. My advisor emailed to find out if I was among the living. Thankfully I had something to report and could answer in the affirmative.

0 Mad Ramblings: