Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Miguel Covarrubias

I hunted down this painter's name. It is Miguel Covarrubias. I found some of his paintings for sale. At 20,000 dollars a bargain. :)

My favorite painter is Van Gogh. However I am not a cheesy Starry Night person. Although I have a giant frame of Starry Night in my home. It was the last thing my grandfather built for me before he died. The frame is a legacy, and I will always cherish it. Seriously if the house starts burning my husband is to grab the dog, and I will get the painting and frame. However I love Van Gogh's works. Some of his art moves me to tears. I wept when I saw his first paintings. I nearly cried through out the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam. This is my most favorite painting by Van Gogh.

Why is this my most favorite painting? I snapped a picture from Sacre Coeur in Paris. When I got home and had it developed I realized this was the same angle and everything. Van Gogh and I saw the same thing. :) Cheesy huh?

I like Dali too. My second half however HATES SURREALISM. So no Dali in the house. :)
However this is my blog so bring on the Dali.

1 Mad Ramblings:

papabudda2 said...

love the VanGough. Feel so old i might have seen the same thing ;)