Monday, October 8, 2007

Montmarte?


We are having a great time. We think we picked up a stomach bug prior to leaving. They wouldn't give us shots. Argentine pharmacies appear to be more regulated than Mexican. We did get this drops that you put in water to settle your tummy.

We went to a square yesterday and saw Tango dancers. The square looks exactly like Montmarte in Paris although you can't see the Eifle from the square (Obviously). The Market had antiques that were gorgeous. It reminded me of that market we went to in Italy. Everything was very expensive.

The Spanish they speak has an accent I can't place. It is like in the Dominican where they have a French accent with their Spanish...but the accent isn't French. I think it is Portuguese....but I don't speak Portuguese so I am not sure. They supposedly speak Castillian but I don't think so. It sounds different from the Spaniards in Madrid and Barcelona. Like for example...instead of saying Pharm-acia ...they say Phar-ma-c-ia. Really annunciated so that they act like they don't know what I am saying. But I think it is because I am speaking say with a Southern accent, and they understand a Boston accent.

We see a lot of Germans. The Argentine people are tall, and have beautiful skin. Some people speak English here, but it is very broken. Almost everyone looks like European Spaniards. You can tell they consider themselves beautiful.

I have found things to be cheap here. I have eaten two New York Strips that cost less than 9 dollars. They were both arguably one of the best steaks I have ever eaten, albeit a bit rarer than I care for. At restaurants they bring these little mini bar-b-ques to your table. The food continues to grill right at your table, and they have all sorts of meat on them. We haven't ordered it yet, but we are going to try it. The restaurant we ate at last night had a giant grill right in the front. It is right in front of our hotel and it was delish!

0 Mad Ramblings: