Friday, May 23, 2008

An American has not seen the United States until he as seen Mardi-Gras in New Orleans -Mark Twain

I can see the river now. I can almost taste the gumbo, boudin, Maque Choux, beignets, chickory coffee, and Étouffée. I can hear melodic jazz that seems to accompany my every step in the Crescent City. Finally I can envision myself laughing and happy and ecstatic to be sharing this town that I love so much with my handsome husband.

I have worked hard over the last week, and I deserve this time off. I bought a special new dress to wear out to dinner tonight. I am going to wear my hair up, and I am going to enjoy myself. Welcome Summer! Memorial day weekend is going to be fantastic.

I filled my car up. I paid 60 bucks, but I don't care. It is worth it. I can't wait to be there.

0 Mad Ramblings: