Sunday, May 18, 2008

When It's Grey in L.A. It's Much Better That Way- Loudon Wainwright III

I am here by myself sans hubby. I am not used to being alone. I spent the whole day relishing being by myself. I am not superbly bored yet. haha! He is doing his second phase testing for the FBI.

I had the lightest Sunday of work I have had in YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoo HOO!
It was so great to only spend between 3 and 4 hours working today. I messed around and played video games all day. I also read some nontextbook books! CRAZY SINGLE GAL that I am this weekend. :P I am actually a little embarrassed at myself. This means I have in fact gotten older something I vowed never to do.

Inarguably I enjoyed myself. I will most assuredly need to get out and "do something" tomorrow. I didn't leave the house today, and I enjoyed myself. I made an elaborate dinner that would rival the types of cooking I used to do for dinner parties when I was single or the "Sex and the City" nights I used to host for my girls. Tonight I am watching terrible scary movies. The kind I love to watch and hubby groans about. He is more an action guy; but I love gore! The scarier the better. (I am rethinking all these scary movies with the big empty house and just me in it....but in for a penny in for a pound I might as well watch the rest of the one I started)!

3 Mad Ramblings:

Unknown said...

Isn't it lovely being alone sometimes? I wouldn't trade the hubster for anything but after nearly 32 years, we both enjoy 4-5 days alone sometimes. Since we have the camping trailer parked year round about 45 minutes away from home, about once a month or so I stay there for a week while he's home going to work everyday. The nice thing is that if we miss each other too much, he can commute from the campground with only an extra 10-15 minutes added to the drive to work. So sometimes he'll come back mid-week and we'll go out to dinner then he stays over and just drives in to work the next morning from there.

The dogs are funny. They miss him a LOT when we're at the camground without him. Every time a diesel truck drives by in the campground (and there are a LOT of those) they start watching out the window to see if it's their "big dog"!!!!

~VP~

IPG said...

I think how sensitive dogs are is hysterical. Our little Shug just doesn't understand where her daddy is! ;)

I love being alone too. I missed out on a trip to Ft. Lauderdale, but I needed some me time.

papabudda2 said...

Ah the joys of solitude! the older i get the better it is!