Tuesday, May 6, 2008

There is nothing like a dream to create the future. Victor Hugo

Ok two things...

Last night I fell asleep on top of my computer. This is a common occurrence it happens about 1-2 times per week. I wake up with keyboard face, which is to say I have my keys from my keyboard mashed to my face all night so I have lines from the keyboard on my face. That is not the important part. The important part is the dream I had. I dreamt I was on my way to the lake. I actually had just gotten to the lake. I had everything, sunscreen, sunglasses, bathing suit, boat. The only thing I did not have was my baby. So the police showed up to show me this child that was screaming and crying and jumping in this jumper thing...I totally blame the jumper thing on Hubby's ex-wife (she sent me this video of this crazy baby contraption that the baby straps into and jumps and has all these interactive toys...it was adorable BUT it blew my mind). Ok but this baby was screaming in its jumper, and the police were arresting me because I forgot the baby. My baby. I kept explaining to the officers that this was a mistake that I didn't have any children; but they wouldn't listen. I woke up clammy and shaking. Nightmare! I don't do dream analysis, but I think I can figure out what it means.

Second thing is we are friends with most of the couples hubby works with. He works with the guys and I am friends with their wives. Anyway, one of his friends has started a bit of a flirtation at work with another married woman. I don't want to go into too many details, but I want them to cut it out. Nothing too serious yet, but it disgusts me. Marriage vows are sacred. They shouldn't be taken lightly. Anyway this has been bugging me so much I have felt the need to discuss it with hubby a little too much for his liking. He told me in so many words that he didn't care what they got up to...but he was tired of talking about them. Guess IPG has been talking too much once again.

2 Mad Ramblings:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the flirting thing with married people. Course sometimes men are so dumb they don't even realize someone is flirting. I remember once at a party this was going on with MY hubby. After we got home I said something like "does she flirt with you at work too?" And he said "WHAT?" He was genuinely puzzled

(I've known this guy since I was 14, started dating him when I was 17, got married to him when I was 21, been married 32 years this summer, so I know him pretty well -- he's about as "real" as any man can be).

He just doesn't get it though about the flirty thing. Once at a company cook out I pointed out when co-workers were flirting with each other and he just looked at me and said, "are you sure that's what's going on? I don't think so."

Oh but then there was the time we stopped to help a lady whose car was broken down in the apartment complex where we lived when we were first married. I think he got the idea okay when she leaned on the drivers' side window and 'bout popped out of her top. His eyes 'bout popped out of his head but boy was he embarrassed (he would have been even if I hadn't been there!)

Have a great day IPG

~VP~

IPG said...

Well I just am so disappointed in our friend. I expected better. I don't know what his problem is.

You are right though that sometimes men don't even know what is going on. Good thing men don't know how devious women can be or they would have nothing to do with us.