Wednesday, July 16, 2008

“"But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."” Lewis Carroll

Another check in the plus child side of life is the wonder they see life as. When did I lose that wonder? When did I become a cynic? (And really I am quite cheery). But I look at SD's face and the zest in which she approaches each and everyday. I want that again. That has to be one of the reason people have children...and dogs. :)

Here is a tip for that slacker Ph.D. student in all of you. If you know your adviser is going on vacation. Email him or her. Asking for a meeting when you know they will be gone. This way you look busy...but you are not hindered by such things as actually having to go to the meeting. Ha!

A Ph.D. is primarily an indication of survivorship. Exactly how I feel today. It isn't how smart I am. IT is how stubborn I am.

In other news...work is trucking although it has picked up a smidge. I have several classes going now that are keeping me on my toes. Although the natives were pretty quiet today!

0 Mad Ramblings: