Monday, July 7, 2008

Life Awaits

Although I have to get online to work when I am on vacation I don't like being online too much. :)

July 1 and 2nd SD and I spent the night at the zoo. It was an amazing experience we got to meet some of the animals up close and pet them. The zoo was closed to everything but our group. There were 16 of us, and we got to investigate the barn. We also go to ride the carousel and explore the zoo at night. It was great and SD thought the experience was amazing. The next day we got to see the zoo by daylight!

We came home on the 2nd and I had work to do! Then we left for our beach vacation. It was a hectic day on the 2nd to say the least. On the 3rd we arrived at our destination. We are staying at a friend's home. They live about 5 minutes from the beach, but the best part about their home is it is a working farm. SD has been getting up every morning taking care of horses and driving the golf cart...she loves it! There is a fruit orchard and she has picked blue berries, lemons, and figs!

On the 4th we took our boat to a deserted island off the gulf coast of Mississippi. It is amazing how wonderful a desert island can be. We are traveling with friends that have children SD's age so she has friends to share her experiences with!

On the 5th we took the boat out on the river for a full day of tubing. The kids loved tubing and the pictures I took were priceless! *Note to self update pictures on blog.

On the 6th the kids worked on the farm all day while the mom's relaxed (some!) The dad's headed home so they could go back to work. Such is the life of an online prof! Haha!

Today we spent the morning at the beach and the afternoon we will be at the creek. The kids are going to have so many stories to tell when we get home.

Tomorrow for SD's birthday we are going to New Orleans. She is going to a perfume factory and then we are going to have Cajun food. The French Market and Cafe Du Monde are also on the must see list! ;)

Wednesday is another beach day for us! :) Then Thursday we are going to take the boat out. (Not our boat, our boat went home yesterday). Friday we are going to Gulf Shores on the ferry to be at the beach once again. Finally we head home Saturday.

Work has been heating up. I have the rest of my classes starting on the 14th. So I have been preparing all weekend. I stayed up SUPER late last night working. I hate when I do that. But I want to enjoy the beach as much as possible. So I have to work at night...like a bat!

School? Nothing school wise worth mentioning. ;)

I miss HH already. He has only been gone 24 hours. He and all the guys are going to be taking the boat out today. I am sure they will have fun knee boarding and wakeboarding and what not.

IPG

2 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

Damn girl! You make me tired.
I'm in Atlanta for the rest of July. I need to look up this overnight zoo thing...sounds like fun. They have something similar in Florida in the butterfly sanctuary at the museum if I don't find one here.

Sure wish you still lived in Atlanta.

Claudine

IPG said...

Awww I miss you and the ATL too! :)
We should plan a day to meet with the kids in Birmingham. Wouldn't that be fun!

1/2 way for both of us.