Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Oh what is that feeling...oh right STRESS!

I wanted to go out of town for Labor Day. My handsome hubby has a conference and while I could have scooted over to Atlanta with him...I had some friends I wanted to see. I decided to go to El Paso and visit some of my girl friends. It has been a rough month for my El Paso crew. One of them is getting divorced, another one's dad died. All in all not a great August.

I am only allowed to go because I have made it a point to get all my work done in advance. So basically I have been putting in 14 -15 hour days for the last two weeks. This is just slightly more than my usual 12 hour days so I am not feeling the burn...yet. :)

Other than preparing for my visit with the girls I have been trying to reorganize my home. This house was used to operating with a 90 lb dog. I was not worried about anyone wanting to burgle our home. I wasn't worried about anything. However I am now 90lbs of dog lighter, and this big empty space and the big protection blanket I have operated under all these years is not here. I had the alarm system reinstated, and designed some other home safety features. I also packed away all his toys and balls. I have kept them over the past month as a comfort, but now they have to be put away.

School has started picking up causing me to stop focusing on anything but academics. In a sense it has been good because it required that I focus on something other than what was emotionally going on. I am now wondering why I thought taking 4 classes in the fall sounded like a good idea. It isn't in case you are curious, but at this point I am going to have to muddle through.

IPG

2 Mad Ramblings:

anonymous female said...

Poor dear, I know you miss your dog. Didn't this dog scare off a burgler in Georgia (when you roomed with someone in Vinings)?
Claudine

IPG said...

OMG I can't believe you remember that. And who burgles some one who lives in a little place in Vinings?
April