Wednesday, August 22, 2007

And somewhere he runs free...


This morning I had set up an embassy in the dining room. I work from home, and while I would like to only work in the office it just doesn't work for me. My bohemian (snark) nature doesn't allow being confined to one space. Sometimes I work in the den. Other times I set up on the breakfast bar...still others I sprawl on the master bedroom. I have set up camp on the kitchen table. I once worked in the guest room while I played the Wii. Needless to say I got very little work done that day. Luckily for me I have a 3 lb laptop so setting up for work involves locating my cell phone, and finding a plug.

We have this enormous 15ft window in our dining room. I was busily working away eating my morning breakfast of oatmeal and slurping down my first of many cups of hot tea. I was trying to decide which of my tasks to tackle first. When out of NOWHERE a humming bird flies right up to the picture window. We have about 30 humming birds that eat from our feeder out back so in the back yard it isn't odd to see them. However the dining room is not near the back yard.

The humming bird hovered watching me for the best part of 2 minutes. I watched him in wonder. It seems he had something to say. As he zoomed off my heart told me that somewhere up there a Chesapeake Bay Retriever roams free.

0 Mad Ramblings: