Sunday, August 2, 2009

“Awards become corroded, friends gather no dust.” Jesse Owens


I was awarded a blog award by “Dad’s Second Whatever.” You can follow her blog by clicking here or on the side. I am so happy that she felt my blog worthy of an award. I am so grateful I have met all these outstanding stepmoms through their blogs. Thank you for giving my blog an award, and taking the time to read my mad ramblings.

So I have officially been in Phoenix by myself over a month now. I am lonely. I will be attending a social event with the Auburn Alumni group here in town on the 29th. I will be attending some of the events with my sorority this month as well. But it is time to start working on my new local BFF. This coming weekend I don’t have time to work on it. It is my weekend without SD so I will be spending it in San Diego with my lifelong BFF Sally. I will be relaxing on the beach and catching up about the minutiae that define our lives as women.


But when I get back home the hunt for cultivating new friendships will be on. I also need to put my big girl panties on and quit staying at my aunt’s house every night. I am basically paying a little over $1,000 bucks a month for a storage unit for a rental house I have slept in like 5 times. In my defense though it is much easier to stay over there, and she likes having me around. I am an excellent cook so my uncle enjoys my being there as well.

One thing that always stumps me is that I really have no peer group. I work from home. I am an online college professor. So I don’t get up and go to a job everyday. On occasion I am free to shop in the middle of the week or take long leisurely lunches. That makes me sort of like a stay at home mom. However I don’t have any kids at home…there are not many 32 year old women that don’t work at all, don't work from home and don’t have kids leaving me stuck with no peers. That is not meant to be a poor me kind of post more like a …hmm what is a gal to do kind of comment.

3 Mad Ramblings:

La Belle Mere said...

I'm a 32 year old woman that works from home!! I'm rubbish at staying focused and not getting distracted. That's how I spend so much time blogging!! :-/

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the getting distracted!! It's hard to make friends when we work at home all the time. It's most likely to happen through other activities. For example, we go camping at the same campground all the time. We've met a lot of people who are there as often as we are and that's our "friend" base now. I used to teach dance every Wednesday night and that was my "friend" base. But I haven't done that for about 5 years and only see some of those folks about twice a year now. It's definitely not easy.

IPG said...

La Belle,

When are ya coming to IPGzona? LOL!