Monday, August 3, 2009

“"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings” Lewis Carrol


OMG what have I done? I have signed on to do some really really big course redesigns in the next couple of weeks. Why did I do that since I know SD hasn’t gone back to school yet? What is wrong with me???? The work is big, and threatening to smother me. It also doesn’t help that I am running off on jaunty vacations every weekend.

And in other news…I need my eyebrows waxed BADLY. What is a wicked stepmother without perfectly executed eyebrows? I also need my bangs cut, my nails and toes done, some other maintenance type things done. But I have no clue where to go. Perhaps I should relate a quick story about why this is such a tragedy. My hair in most places is white blonde…white white…Barbie white. My eyebrows are a shade slightly lighter than that. One might describe my eyebrows as polar bear. ANYWAY, the last time I ventured into an unknown salon I had my eyebrows WAXED OFF. Yes you read it right. The girl accidently waxed off one of my eyebrows. She claimed she couldn’t SEE it. Well one can’t go around with just one eyebrow so the OTHER one had to come off as well. It was disastrous. Now I don’t know what to do. Do I go brave the wilds wondering what sort of scary wax wielding ninja might butcher my perfectly maintained arch? Or do I cower at home like a mouse?

7 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

oh lordy -- don't know what to say about the eyebrows! LOL The design work? I have a hard time saying no too. Good luck on that. Take a lot of power naps and stay up all night!

IPG said...

Well Design work is so much fun! And it is so rewarding knowing you are making a class better! Knowing what the students will get for it. The pay ain't too shabby neither. LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! First off, I apologize for laughing out loud at your eyebrow misadventure. I hope you are at that "and one day we will all just a laugh about it" stage. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the month of August too and I am in desperate need of a cut and color. But don't stop doing the mini jaunts - you will be glad you did when the chaos that is known as the month of September arrives. Cheers!

La Belle Mere said...

Well at least if your eyebrows get a little overgrown it won't show to much! Perhaps if you draw them on with eyebrow pencil and just ask the beautician to wax around the lines!!!

B xxx

JennyMac said...

I concur...a wicked stepmother MUST have perfect eyebrow and the arch to go with it. LOL.

Meg said...

Eek!! That story is tragic. I once had the skin under each eyebrow waxed off. I looked freakish for a few days but luckily had nicely shaped brows after. I vote plucking!

Meg said...

Ooh, OR color your brows in before getting them waxed?