Monday, August 24, 2009

If my mother put on a uniform that wasn't the same as the one I was wearing, I'd run over her if she was in my way. And I love my mother." Bo Jackson


It is that time of year again. That very special time of year that just gets your juices going. Especially since the Auburn tigers did so craptastically poor last year. No I am not talking about Christmas or anything...I am talking about Football. It is time for football once again.

I am literally on the other side of the country from where I would like to be at this point. I need to be close to Auburn, AL. The Tigers need me. How will they get by this season with out my charming spirited cheering?

Another thing that is quite a bummer is that no one here talks college football. And if they do it is all Pac 10 this and that. First of all, I have to mention that they are not talking about their alma mater they are not bragging about the Sun Devils of Arizona State. Oh no! They are bragging about USC one of their biggest rivals. As God as my witness, if you ever hear me bragging about the SEC and using LSU as my example please slap my face.

I had a lively conversation with a lawyer on Saturday night. After rollerderbying which is very fun and I will talk about in a bit. Said lawyer was arguing with me and a girl from the Big 10. First I think he was aghast that I knew anything about football. Then I believe he was shocked that I could quote statistics to him and knew coaches. But the bottom line was he was arguing about the abilities of the Pac 10, and he did not mention his team once. Not even ONE TIME.

Sigh. I also hold a slight grudge against ASU. Every single year I pull for them to beat USC and every single year they leave me downtrodden and broken hearted. Granted I am a fair weather fan, but you would think they would at least try to court my loyalty. I can purchase season tickets to the Sun Devils for 100 dollars. I have told everyone I know from Auburn about this. At Auburn I am waiting for someone to die and not deed his or her season tickets to their family before I get my tickets...trust me I have already tried donating money to the school.

For a bit I thought I would buy charming Bey and I season tickets so we could go if we liked to ASU. Then after careful consideration I thought...why would I do that. I will stay home and watch some real football!


War Eagle!

0 Mad Ramblings: