Wednesday, August 19, 2009

“The one who loves you will make you weep.” Argentine Proverb

I was cleaning out my closet today when I smelled it. Where was that coming from? I took a whiff and there it was again. My husband. I could smell him. Let me be clear no one else on earth smells like him. He smells like a clean piece of paper. The kind you used in kindergarten with the big lines. He smells like fresh air and sunshine. You get the impression when you are with him that not only are you the only person in the world, but you are the only person in the world that matters. And part of that is his eyes, but most of it is how he is big. Not in size. He is really a small man, but he is takes up a whole room. He laughs big deep laughs. He smiles with his eyes kind and open. …but back to his smell. I realized he had hung one solitary shirt in this rental house closet. I had brushed past it, and I could smell him. I grabbed the shirt, and sat on the closet floor and rocked myself and wept into it. I hope he doesn’t mind that I Sephoraed all over his favorite Auburn shirt. Life’s no good without him.

I sighed as I stood up and hung the shirt back up. I should wash it, but can’t bear to wash his smell out. I vowed to myself I won’t ever take him for granted again. When I see him, I intend to wrap my arms and legs and heart around him, and never let go.

Another tidbit of information that has to be reported…I did the round trip school run for SD yesterday and this morning. It was my first time picking her up from school, and I was excited. It was really neat hearing about her day and her teachers…her homework. She looked so pretty! Better than all the other little girls…not that I am comparing. It was fun taking her to school this morning too. We talked and listened to ‘80’s. I got her there WAY early. :) But that was ok too. I sort of felt today like for the very first time that I am a pseudo parent. That is kind of odd to say. But it kind of felt that way. Like ok IPG you are not longer crazy single IPG you are now an ADULT!!!!

3 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of school days and the run to and from. I always enjoyed the personal time with the kids -- it's a great way to connect before the day starts and for news after.

I know how much you must miss Bey. Hopefully you'll be together again very soon!

Meg said...

I'm confused - where's this hubby of yours? I'll read on and try to find out. I want to smell him, too :)

IPG said...

He is still working in Mississippi. While I am stuck here in IPGzona. :(