Friday, August 7, 2009

If things go wrong, don't go with them. ~Roger Babson

I had forgotten. Prior to moving to IPGzona Bey and I prayed that God would slam all the doors that He wanted closed, and swing wide the doors he wanted us to go through. If the doors seem to be slamming I must not be doing what I should be. In that case it is time to press forward. Chin up…today is a new day!

I got SD contacts yesterday for her Birthday. She looks so pretty. I love seeing her without her face hidden in glasses. I had to talk her dad into it. Then he had to talk to her mom! SD wanted them…and she plays me like a fiddle sometimes she wants something. After getting her contacts she looked at me and said “Next stop Make Up” and I said oh no…that is your own battle there missy.

It is funny this time every year she would be going back home, and I wouldn’t see her again until Thanksgiving. It was always a tough time for me, and it made me weepy. Although it is understandable why I would feel that way, I felt that way because I was going to miss her so much, and there was nothing I could do about it. However this year I have the same feeling, I wonder if it is just force of habit. I can’t figure it out. Although I am glad that she is going back to school…I have some things I need to handle that are difficult when she is here…I still love the seemingly endless lazy days that we enjoy!

2 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

That was always one of the fringe benefits of being a stepmom - having a little bit of lee-way to do stuff with the SS that his parents wouldn't do - like taking him to get his ear pierced when he begged and begged his Dad. But if I took him, I could get away with it, because BioMom could just tell everyone "oh I didn't let him do that! My ex-husband's new girlfriend did it". Being branded irresponsible by an uptight Biomom means I might as well just go and do some of the fun stuff anyways and earn a few brownie points while I am at it.

La Belle Mere said...

Bet she loves her contacts. Bet she's also glad she's got you to talk her parents into things for her!

Lovely post. x