Saturday, August 15, 2009

“If you see a friend without a smile; give him one of yours.”

For crying out loud…can’t IPG get a break? What does it mean in our lives when things don’t go perfect perfect perfect? For the most part my life is a picture perfect dream out of a storybook. Bey and I are financially secure and well on our way to achieving our dreams of early retirement. We are very much in love, and I only know one other couple that loves each other the way we do. In fact I can’t even describe it. I love him like he is something that is just a part of me. LOL I love him like he is the marrow of my bones. The essence of life itself is found in his embrace. I just finished reading the book Julie/Julia and she describes how bone marrow tastes, and I remember reading her description and thinking Bey and I love each other like that.

I know this move was the “right” thing to do. But why did our house sell so fast if he wasn’t going to get a job so fast? (Granted it has only been 45 days…I never said I was patient). Why should I have to spend one nanosecond separated from him?

If you ask my friends they will always tell you I have led a “charmed” life. My nickname has always been Midas. I can touch anything and usually turn it into gold. So why oh why can I not find Bey a job by force of will? Why are we separated? Why am I having to wait on him? This open ended waiting waiting waiting is killing me. Where is your job Bey? I am ready for you to come home.

1 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

This must be so, so frustrating. I can't imagine and I don't know what to say to make you feel any better other than I hope this too shall pass. I really appreciate the way you write about the depth of your connection to your husband. Take care - G