Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday's Op Ed Post

My aunt had a heart attack on Wednesday where she tore and is bleeding from her aorta. She was rushed to surgery, and is doing well but is sedated. I will be traveling to Phoenix Tuesday - Thursday with my father to see her. I probably will not see SD because I don't have time, and I want to spend time with my daddy.

The feelings about my aunt have caused the feelings about my friend dying to come bubbling to the surface. I don't think I dealt with those feelings well because I was so stressed about comps. It seems like I am getting a double dose of dealing with things now.

I got a new coffee maker that let's me make cappuccino and cafe au lait at home! Now I can stay Starbucksed out of my mind for a fraction of the cost.

I was bored this week so I shaved my dog. She looks like she just signed up for bootcamp. She also is apparently embarrassed that I butchered her Goldilocks so she persists in hiding behind the couch.

I just had 2 classes dumped on my head at the last minute (week 1 ended today). Yeah more money...but what I really wanted was time off to play video games and complain to handsome hubby how bored I am, and why he never takes me out of town.

2 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

I hope your aunt continues to improve. It will be good for you go to spend some time there with your father and with her.

I hear you about the last-minute classes. I was looking forward to being bored this summer too but I don't think that's going to happen. So far right now, just three classes and things are slow this week and next. After that, everything hits the fan.

HA! We shaved our Australian shepherds back end -- for some reason his hair grows longer there. He actually loves it. When the weather gets hotter, we'll shave him all over. He's cuter that way. Our other Aussie had thick thick hair and we kept him shaved all summer long. He would always go hide for a couple of days after. It's funny how they seem so embarrassed after a shave!! LOL

~VP~

IPG said...

I love how dogs have little personalities. The prognosis is good on my aunt. My father in law had a TIA attack which is scary.

I was supposed to go to Florida with Hubby tomorrow, but don't know what to do know. I keep see sawing back and forth.

IPG