Wednesday, May 21, 2008

IPG to the the "Big Easy," the "city that care forgot"

Hubby and I are getting a way for some much needed IPG R and R! Hubby let IPG select the spot, and she picked her all time favorite and old stand by the Big Easy, the Crescent City, The city that care forgot, Birthplace of jazz, Saint City, Paris of the south, NOLA, and if you haven't guessed yet Nawlins. I love New Orleans and would move there tomorrow.

I know it is a bowl. I lived through Katrina here in Mississippi. But I don't care. That is my most favorite argument because it is impossible to argue against. Say what you want about New Orleans; I love it, and I don't care what you have to say.

I have always felt a connection (and I hate using that word it is so...Reality Television) in that city. Every time I go it is like coming home. I can eat my weight in Cajun food. I can listen to Jazz ceaselessly! I love to walk around and marvel at the beautiful buildings and a time where I will never get to live. As I play in fountains, admire cemeteries, and become satiated on the wonderful history of that fantastic city, I remember why I love to visit each time I go.

I am in major preparation mode for the trip tackling as much as I can before we leave. I plan to let the lilting accents wash over me as I cleanse my head and heart of what has been ailing me lately.

2 Mad Ramblings:

Unknown said...

Hope you have a great, wonderful, relaxing trip!! We're leaving for the campground either tonight or first thing in the morning. Not a lot of work to do either so I'm looking forward to the respite. Have a great time, IPG!! Catch you next week!

~VP~

IPG said...

Bye VP. You have a good time too!