Saturday, July 25, 2009

I am throwing a sleep over!

Tonight is SD's birthday party. There are going to be 12 and 13 year old girls squealing at my house all night. I guess I am in for an adventure. Bey was telling me how much he missed me, and how much he wished he was here. THEN he heard about the sleepover and laughed saying...well maybe I am glad I am missing out on those particular events.

Today has been one of the worst weeks in IPG history. First I am trying to dispute the charges on my credit card with the company that moved me. They did a poor job and need to give me some sort of refund. Second I have had work related drama that has gotten under my skin. Third I have had to deal with Bey's dad. I don't mean to speak ill of my parents. I know that we are called to Honor our Father and Mother, and I believe that includes our in laws. But Bey's dad is an alcoholic. He usually causes more problems than I can think of for himself. His entire life has been spent making bad choices. Forth Bey's mom had some pretty major surgery so we have been worried about her. And so it goes. :(

I am typically a cat. I land on my feet. One of my nicknames in college was Midas because everything I touch turns to gold. But at times like these I wonder when is this foot landing going to happen?

SD is having a good summer. She has been playing with her cousin and we have been planning our activities for the rest of her time in school. She is going to do some after school programs this year so she is pretty excited about that. I will upload some summer pictures and pictures from the party later!

1 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about work and the in-laws. Hope MIL does okay with her surgery. It's stressful worrying about again parents (and in-laws).

Sleep-over eh? Having boys meant none of those. Till they went to college. The first sleep over was when the the VMI jazz band played for a dance over Christmas holidays in Richmond one year. We ended up with 15 VMI cadets sleeping over at our house that night.

Have fun -- can't wait to see pix.