Sunday, June 29, 2008

“Complete abstinence is easier than perfect moderation.” Saint Augustine

Where has IPG been?

I had to take a certification exam to teach one of my courses this term. I took a crash test in it, and passed. I needed 680 to pass...and I scored a big fat 680. Ha!

SD and I have been doing whatever we wanted on a daily basis. If we didn't want to do something...we haven't done it. Unfortunately that doesn't include work. Which is still demanding my attention like a Chinese gong. However I have been moderately off for the last few weeks enabling me to really cut loose and enjoy myself. I feel like I am getting to know myself all over again. I used to be a really nice person until I became such a stress nazi.

I have made zero amount of progress on my dissertation. It is comic how little I have gotten done. I am supposed to be working on it this summer. :( I hope I am more motivated in July than I was in June.

SD has been here one full month today. The time is going by too fast. I don't ever want her to leave. :(

I gotta get to bed. SD and I have a busy week ahead of us. We are spending the night at the zoo on Tuesday then we are headed for the coast. Nearly two weeks of fun in the sun for us. WHOO Hoo! :)

2 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful summer so far!! Enjoy this time with SD and you can work on your dissertation later!! Have a great time at the beach!!
VP

Doctor Disillusioned of the UNIVERSITY OF MARS. said...

I'm not writing this for any other reason than to offer some important and kindly advice.

Please do be very careful.

You write that partner is seeking to join the FBI. If that is true then your blog becomes a danger to you, your partner and the FBI.

I see your picture is on here. Hopefully it's not genuine?

If it is I'd advise you take it down ASAP. You provide enough other details here to be identified and located (I'd advise you to edit all your past posts to deal with that). If the FBI is like other police and security services in the world then your blog might very well be considered a security risk. If not then it should be!

The FBI should be concerned with (1) you deliberately of negligently publishing sensitive info in the future beyond that already published here (2) you being identified and used as leverage against your partner or his department.

Sorry to have to write this. But it's quite serious stuff. Please do think about this and take note. You should at least discuss this with your partner.

Kind regards