Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving



We are having Thanksgiving tonight at our house. Just as soon as my maids finish up, SD and I are going to get in there and make Turkey, stuffing, green beans, homemade pumpkin pie.

SD asked the other day while I was at the store, so I agreed. I am a sucker for SD. :) Thanksgiving in June...no problem. I did however draw the line on having Christmas next week.

We took the boat out on Sunday. We had our friends meet us with their boats out there. So more folks go to go. The first shot at the top is HH getting ready to wake board. He isn't quite up to Olympic level wake boarding but he can do a few tricks.

I accidentally elbowed SD yesterday when I was trying not to let our towable raft be flipped over. HH has this habit of stopping the boat with out letting those of us on the raft know he is doing it. If you don't level your weight out on the raft you will flip it over. :( I was quickly scrambling to level our weight out, and accidentally gave SD a small shiner. I felt so bad about it I was nearly in tears. However when asked about her favorite part of the day yesterday SD claims it was getting the shiner, "cause she looks like she could be tough in a fight." So I don't feel quite as bad. :(


SD wasn't the only casualty yesterday. One of the guys driving the boat decided to knock us off the raft. Sarah, Samantha, SD, and I all went tumbling. I was literally catapulted across the river. I lost 2 hair holders, another pair of sunglasses, and one of my most favorite earrings. But poor Sam lost her wedding band...not her diamond thank goodness, we had taken those off together before going out on the boat. From now on I am going to have a jewelry party as everyone gets on, and take all the jewelry off and put it in a small safe we have on the boat. And it is a good thing that I have a deep love for cheap sunglasses. That is the second pair in one week I lost on the boat. Last week I had to choose either I lost my bathing suit bottoms or my favorite pair of sunglasses. It was a tough call but I went with keeping the bottoms.

River 2 IPG 0

1 Mad Ramblings:

Unknown said...

LOLOL Bet some folks wish you'd kept the sunglasses!!

sounds like a great time for all!!

Enjoy T-day dinner. I never got why people only did that once a year. We try to do T-day dinner at least every couple of months :-)

Enjoy the day!!
VP