Sunday, June 1, 2008

I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom. Sumner A. Ingmark

SD is here. I picked her up from the airport and whisked her to a movie. Indiana Jones and the Crystal Something Or Other. We are an Indiana Jones kind of family. Everyone really enjoys Indiana Jones movies so it was the perfect outing. The movie is good, but my least favorite of the four.

Saturday was a busy day of preparations for our enormous BBQ. There are so many people here that love SD. We had almost 35 people visit last night. It was enormous. I had the most fun I have had in a long time. Preparations took almost the entire day. It was the right amount of people to be loud, fun, and have a great time, but not force the neighbors to call the police. All her best friends in Mississippi were here to welcome her back. The hilarious part is that I had been dying to throw a party like this the entire month of May so the perfection of the evening was not lost on me. All the kids fished in the lake. While very few caught anything, we did have to say goodbye to an old friend the Sponge Bob Square Pants fishing rod that we purchased for SD three summer's ago. The rod finally broke beyond repair forcing SD to graduate to a grown up rod.

Sunday is a day of worship in the morning at IPG's home. Then it is on to the river to enjoy the boat. SD was scared at first on the boat. Then she was even more scared to swim in the river and ride on the towable raft. However by the end of the day she was a pro! Holding on to the raft for dear life as it shot 5 feet in the air across a wake! I am so proud of her. We live 5 minutes from the river, and SD was asleep in the car before we made it back. It is very likely that she will sleep for the rest of the evening. Tired little girl is probably still a little jet lagged.

Funny things SD has said already. "You are tall! You are taller than me." (I am 5'4" not tall by any standard).

"It has been my experience..." I love this one. I use this phrase frequently. That she has already picked it up is hilarious.

1 Mad Ramblings:

Unknown said...

Sounds like your summer is off to a great start!!