Thursday, August 7, 2008

Blugh Sick!

Ok last week SD had a stomach flu. IPG thankfully did not get sick. Until today....

My stomach has not been right since SD had the flu. Then today I was fine just hanging out in the den until I saw a picture of corn on the web, and it made me throw up. Um...ok. I am either repeating that stomach bug or I ate something. Never have I reacted so strongly to a picture. It was weird. Maybe I am having a little nervous stomach cause SD is leaving.

It really breaks my heart that she has to go. I know her mom wants her back, but it really is so sad that one of us has to be unhappy for the other to be happy. Thankfully moving to Phoenix will solve all that.

In my mind last night I started kinda freaking out. I am NOT going to fit in ...in Phoenix. I am a southern gal. I like football (SEC only please). I say Ma'm and Sir. I eat Pork BBQ. I still call my dad Daddy and my mom Momma. I am a member of the Daughter's of the Confederacy. I like hanging out with women and couples like hubby and I.

So before I let myself freak in full blown mode. I made a list of all of the organizations I can get involved in, and what Phoenix has going for it.

  1. SD is there. It should go with out saying this is a huge thing.
  2. My aunt lives there, and I already know 2 other ladies that live in Phoenix.
  3. There is an Auburn Alumni association in Phoenix. The membership seems quite large. So I will at minimum be able to watch Auburn Football with like minded folks. ;)
  4. My sorority is at Arizona State so the Alumna Chapter should be active. I was heavily involved in the Alum chapter in Atlanta, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
  5. I have been researching churches that should have large Sunday Schools.
This list should help me get started putting down some shallow roots in Phoenix. So ya! :)

1 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're sick. Hope it's just a quick thing and you'll be feeling better soon!! Keep looking on the positive side about this move! I moved around a lot when I was growing up and always saw it as an adventure. Have a good weekend -- we're off early this morning to go away for the weekend. Of course I'll be online but trying to get a course written that I have to teach starting in two weeks. Just got the materials and there weren't many -- just a book and a testbank, that's all. UGH!
laters!
~VP~