Thursday, August 14, 2008

If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. Frank Clark


I need prayers of motivation. Or if you prefer feel free to come to my house and just kick me in the behind. I will provide a sign up sheet for whatever list you would like to be on. I need dissertation motivation. Thankfully, I am meeting with my advisor tomorrow so I have been forced to cram today. Apparently I am going to have to make an appointment with her every week so that I can stay on track. I am really and truly in a state of total shock. As I have never had this type of trouble EVER.

I am motivated. I am dedicated. I am dependable. I am a self starter. Where is this lethargy coming from? Where is this TOTAL and complete laissez-faire attitude coming from? I just want to get inspired to start writing. Is that too much to ask? I laid on my floor today...watching revolutions of my ceiling fan...thinking...I will just ask to be awarded a Masters. Take my second masters and run. This insanity has no boundaries apparently. I then let my mind wander...making plans to survive if there were ever a zombie apocalypse. Finally I read several (15) dissertations, and marveled how those scholars could ever stomach their topic again.

I swear I am going to quit my job...drop out of school...and move to Ambergris Caye, Belize, braid hair on the beach or something. Get a sign that says "Will work for Pineapple!"

On second thought I don't even deserve 2 lists. If you would like to sign up to kick my behind in motion feel free.

0 Mad Ramblings: