Sunday, August 10, 2008

What do you call a grad student who barely squeaks a lousy dissertation past her committee? Doctor

I should rename this blog "Dissertation Deadline Central" Since that is what it is going to become. Because I am planning a move to Phoenix, and because I want to be PHinisheD before I leave Mississippi. It is high time I started writing again, and moving towards graduation. I have devised what will be my schedule until I am officially Dr. IPG.

7:00 AM wake up with hubby
7:15 AM Brush teeth and get ready with hubby to face my day
7:45 AM Oatmeal (it is good for cholesterol, plus I eat it everyday)
8:00 AM Work on dissertation- I am going to spend between 1-3 hours a day working on my dissertation. My goal is to spend 10 hours a week on my dissertation. This means that some days I will be able to spend more than two hours and some days less. Although I would like to spend 45 hours a week on the dissertation I know that is not a realistic number. I am a realistic person. I know that i will work best if I work first. I also know that if I set the goal too high I set it up to fail.

Let me briefly stop to pontificate for a second here. I have often said that education is more about being dogmatic than about being intelligent. With all that said it is important to note here that I will be working from 8 - 11 roughly everyday M-F. I am taking Saturday and Sunday off. As I still would like to spend time with HH. If you know IPG in the real world please don't call me during this space of time. I am going to be blocking off all distractions.

11:00 AM Stop if I haven't stopped yet. From 11 to 11:30 I am going to take care of any of the little chores I need to take care of while researching. I wanted to designate some times for this so that I wouldn't be tempted to do it when I was supposed to be writing.
11:30 am Leave for the gym. Exercise keeps me so optimistic. I have to designate some time for the gym.
1:00 PM Work on my work that pays the bills. I will be doing this until roughly 6 PM most nights. Although I will probably just break for dinner and get back to work.
11:00 PM Lights out. I am going to need my rest to work on my dissertation. I can't be staying up all night like normal.

0 Mad Ramblings: