Friday, August 15, 2008

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius

I don't make it a big secret that I believe in the power of prayer. I prayed that God would see me through this graduate process, and so he has. Additionally I prayed for an advisor that would show me the way and keep me straightened out! Again an answered prayer.

Some of you must have read my blog and immediately started praying last night. I met with my advisor this morning. I went away from my meeting with:

  • A sense of importance- My advisor cares about me. She wants me to do well. She is motivated to help me finish this project with whatever tools she can provide to help me.
  • A sense of kindness and compassion- My advisor told me I must walk at graduation. She doesn't want to put all that effort into me with out having the honor of being able to hood me.
  • A timeline- Chapter 1 is due September 4. So I have a deadline to work with that is firm. That is great! I know I can get it done! :) But now I have a goal.
  • An urgency- Merely meeting with her helped me to realize that I had a lot to do. It was time to get going.
  • A timeframe- I know I can graduate in May if I literally put my nose to the grindstone on this.
All in all a pretty successful meeting! I am so excited. I am actually working on my model NOW! :)

0 Mad Ramblings: