Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated. ~Lamartine

SD leaves in 5 days. I don't want her to go. We saw her grandmother off to the airport yesterday, and today must begin the arduous task of packing her up for her return to Arizona. While I would like to write a longer blog post. About what I am doing with my dissertation...Nothing. How work is going...same old same old. I really am just overshadowed by the fact that SD leaves in 5 days. Our decision to move to Phoenix has helped to act as a salve for me. I managed to not get upset until yesterday rather than a week ago.

Catching up from the weekend. HH's mom came in on Friday. SD had the stomach flu so we were unable to go with him to get her. We did manage to have a good time Friday despite the bug. Saturday was a full day of boating at the lake. SD got to tube with her grandma and hubby got to ski. Everyone was happy. Sunday SD got baptized. Pictures of the baptism will be posted soon. Then finally yesterday we took HH's mom to the airport and wrapped up SD's back to school shopping. She got clothes, shoes, backpacks, etc. The best part of the day was driving home from Jackson and that long talk SD and I got to enjoy.

1 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear DS was sick but glad it was short-lived and she was able to enjoy some shopping. Make the most of the next 5 days -- the dissertation will still be there :-)
~VP~