Sunday, August 17, 2008

It is possible to store the mind with a million facts and still be entirely uneducated. Alec Bourne

With having a fantastic dinner last night, friends visit until late, and then really getting some work done today...I am tired. Not tired enough to go to sleep obviously but still very tired.

I have just returned from a venture to campus. Ostensibly I was going to the library for some research that I needed for my dissertation. In reality though it was the T1 connection that was my siren, drawing me to the ivory tower of higher learning.

I spoke at length today with a friend at another university. After wasting 12 months and nearly 9,000 dollars my friend is going to have to replace his/her advisor. It is a painful and political process, but really must be done in order for he/she continued success and eventual graduation. I therefor am feeling quite fortunate as my adviser is an answered prayer.

Additionally HH and I spent a considerable time today tallying up what is required before the house can be placed on the market. While the list seems to be leviathan it should not be impossible to finish in a few months with out killing ourselves to do chores daily.

I discovered that as I write the proposal for my dissertation I write it in the future tense. Then when the proposal is approved, and will become a dissertation I change it to past tense. It would seem to me though that wouldn't it be easier to write it in the past tense to begin with and ignore the future tense altogether? Perhaps I am just tired and rambling but it seems to me that would be superior. If I come up with a good reason for why it is done this way ...I will be sure and edit this post.

0 Mad Ramblings: