Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Happy Mardi Gras!

Really quickly because I am preparing for my proposal on Thursday, and I am going to do an entire blog post about the cruise...but I wanted to relate this story. So on our cruise I met the fiance of the brother of one of my friends. And we discovered (unintentionally) that we were in the same sorority in college. Different schools but same sorority. For some silly reason we both started squealing and hugging like every scary sorority stereotype you have ever seen in your life. It was pretty funny, because I don't consider myself your typical Bowhead (AKA as Sorority Girl). But I guess you can take the girl out of the sorority, but you can't take the sorority out of the girl. ;) I also need to mention that I thought it was fantastic that I got to use my sorority's secret handshake for the very first time since college. This I realize makes me a huge dork.

One more interesting tidbit. On a lark I sent a paper to a conference on security. It got accepted...and got a very high rating. So I guess I will be presenting a paper in Las Vegas in April.

Have a great Fat Tuesday!


0 Mad Ramblings: