Wednesday, February 11, 2009

“No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.” Albert Einstein

A description of my dissertation writing process in 400 words or less..

Tired. Emotionally fatiguing. Exhilarating one second and suicidally depressed the next. Ecstatic and exhausted. Like my life is not my own. Like I am the dumbest person alive. Like I am a genius. Applying to Mensa. Chewing light bulbs with my teeth. The best thing I have ever done. The worst thing I have ever done. It is totally worth it. Nothing is worth this. I would cut off a limb with my teeth if this process would just get over. This paper is a piece of cake. Would someone please just give me a deadline? What’s my name again? I am dropping out and running off to Belize or to haul fish in Alaska. I am going to color with these crayons and rock and hug myself in the corner. The voices in the radio told me to throw this out. I am flying oh so high. I am nearly done. Almost done. Just about done. Practically done. Ah crap I forgot about this whole part. I am not going to work on this stupid thing anymore. Why did I want this degree to begin with? What is structural equation modeling and why did I think that was a good idea to put into my paper? No I won’t have any qualitative components…I am not running a quasi experiment who said I was? I hate this freaking topic why on earth did I think I could write about it? Where is my other flip flop…I am going to run away from home…I have slept 6 hours in the last 17 days I can’t imagine why my eyes are so bloodshot. I love my husband, but I can’t remember what his face looks like. I hope someone remembered to pay the power bill because I don’t care if the lights go out…this laptop has to work. I am shutting off this stupid laptop and moving somewhere that they don’t have electricity. I am just going to lay down here and take a quick nap. 15 days until the proposal.


annoying note: In changing my blog layout tonight...I accidentally deleted all my links...will be fixing tomorrow. :(

2 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new look!! Now see, you've talked me the rest of the way out of doing that stupid diss. (don't feel bad, I'd already darn near talked myself out of it).

IPG said...

NO don't listen to me. :) It is a life changing experience.

haha