Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. -- Dr. Seuss


In case you were wondering why I was wearing a gas mask last week. I was resealing the concrete. IPG isn't the spoiled little princess you think she is! ;)

Above the Fireplace there was this stupid cabinet that held like a 27" TV. Bey filled that in and sheet rocked it. The flat screen will be going back up on the wall right after the painting is done. In the mean time poor Bey has been stuck with the 20" that I play video games on. :)

House is going on the market March 1. Anyone moving to Starkville, MS and want to live on the water?


In other news I was reading a dissertation today that had the term "social lubricant" in it. As in 'Trust is the social lubricant of all sociological interaction.' REALLY? I think I am going to stick SOCIAL LUBRICANT in my dissertation.

3 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

Is that gorgeous floor really concrete? We have a concrete floor downstairs that we need to do something with (it was flooded three times last year and we finally waterproofed). Now need to recarpet, put down hardwood, or something. How can I get my concrete floor to look like that? And how long will I have to wear a gas mask! LOL

IPG said...

OMG it is SO
very very easy.

You need to go by an acid stain. Click here for the stain. I used a combo of English Red and Cola. The border of the concreted (we scored ours, but you don't have to) is done in black. Clean the concrete. Then put the acid stain on. It says to dilute, but I think it is prettier with a darker color.

Then once you have it as dark as you like. Mop the floor. Get the residue off. You apply a resin sealer. I apply the sealer using a short mat roller (shortest they have). I rig the roller so that it won't roll, but merely glides on the floor. My husband does the sealer with a sponge either way works fine. I do 2 coats of seal.

And you are done. Seriously a weekend project, and only because you have to let it dry.

I can answer any ???'s you have!

IPG said...

Oh and I gotta wear the mask because I insist on putting outdoor sealer inside. It wears better, and looks prettier, but the fumes are way way worse!