Monday, October 6, 2008

"Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?" Anon

I was unreasonably busy today. However it worked much to my favor as I got a lot of things done. For an anal retentive like to check things off a list person such as myself…this turns into a FAB day. I got so many checks today I even impressed myself. While I was out I had to buy a new dress for my upcoming conference to Atlanta. I was really good though because I bought a dress that matches with shoes I already own. This surely is one in the plus column for me.


I bought some new books today which I am allowed to enjoy because I am on fall break. I already read one of them. I think I talked a few months back about my Richard Matheson kick once I saw "I am Legend." I picked up a few other of his books. Tonight, though I am trying to enjoy the Saints game. I am super jealous that I am not at this game on Monday Night Football.


I should have mentioned this the other day, but forgot. SD had her hair cut for "Locks of Love." Can you imagine what a freaking AWESOME kid I have? My heart hurts I miss her so much. I know I have been dragging my feet about this moving to Phoenix thing, but the idea that I will be able to literally get in my car, and go and see her makes me smile.


I spoke to a very dear friend of mine today…he reads the blog quite frequently. Hello to El Paso…I know you are in a rock/hard pace situation. I wasn't able to continue our conversation today, but you have got to follow your heart on this. Get off your ridiculous emotional roller coaster, and do what is best for you. Last I checked you were not happy. You gotta figure out what it is going to take to get happy, and get there. 3


Finally that brings me to dissertation news. Zip. Zilch. Cero. Zero. None. Didn't even open the document today. And that is ok too. Go Saints!


2 Mad Ramblings:

Anonymous said...

Aspiring to be all caught up...egads....only a Masters student but an avid overachiever I wonder at this late hour as I am two papers overdue a week late quiz tomorrow (oops today) and an extra shift at work this week....whether I will ever make it. Well, not at this pace obviously but geez, how the hell do people do this?!? In the short term ok, but really we all know this is...as they say in the sandlot...ForEVor!!!!So I looked up 'confessions of real grad students" and there you were... Is it too much to ask for...a life? There! Ha! I said it! I want a life (outside of school). Thanks for listening.

IPG said...

Tonya,

I am having a crazy time. :)
It is so hard to juggle every thing.
What is your graduate program?
IPG