Wednesday, October 1, 2008

“I bring to my life a certain amount of mess.” Kitty O'Neill Collins

I am home alone. I LOVE being home alone. I used to live by myself, and when I get to be home alone I enjoy it for the first few days. Then I decide I am bored. Tonight I rented a few chick flicks that Bey wouldn't watch. I usually watch scary movies, but I have sort of ODed on them lately. I am kinda out of scary movies to watch.

Being home alone means I am off kitchen duty. YEAH! I can make stuff like toast and call dinner DONE! Tonight I ate a bowl of cereal. (Cereal does not constitute a meal when there is a man in the house…or at least at this house). I am going to stay up late watching crap television that I never get to watch. I also plan to get a bunch of dissertation work done. When Bey's home he usually comes home for lunch (interrupting my progress), and then when he gets home from work I have to pay attention to him. So it breaks up my writing day. It will be nice to just make some headway without distraction.

Bey messaged me and said he made it to Phoenix safe and sound. Some trippy chick stared at him the entire flight. That is hysterical because usually I am the one that flies next to crazy people. If you are ever on a plane with me…whoever sitting next to me is criminally insane. I have ridiculous stories about all the crazy people that have sat by me on airplanes.

I gotta go to Atlanta next week for a conference. I was going to fly because of all the gas problems Atlanta has been having, but flights were ridiculous. While I am there I intend to go to the aquarium that I have been DYING to go see. I haven't been to Atlanta in a long time unless you count the airport (which I don't). It is fall break next week for school so that means absolutely nothing to me since I am no longer taking classes! That feels sooooooooooooo good to say.

I have made some progress on the dissertation today. I sort of dug myself out of a hole…again this will make it easier to sleep knowing that I got some goals locked down.

0 Mad Ramblings: