Sunday, October 5, 2008

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it." Oscar Wilde

I am completely done with all my work. My entire inbox is empty. The outbox is full…that is what I call a productive Sunday. Not only that I managed to get work on my dissertation done, I made it to church to the gym, and I cooked my loving spouse a well balanced meal. Feel free to call me super woman.

Bey isn't calling me anything other than probably annoying. I tried to have a state of the union conversation with him today about my dissertation. I am pretty sure he fell asleep when I started talking about Chapter 1. He managed to wake up when I said "Dinner's ready." That is a manly skill I would like to obtain. Actually I would like a bell. I would like to be able to ring my bell, and make all the men in the world go to sleep. I mean this very kindly, but it would be oh so helpful to me. For example, when I was trying to gossip with the neighbor today, and Bey insisted I help with something on the Jeep in the garage. I could whip out my bell. So in addition to the dissertation conversation I learned something AMAZING ABOUT MEN TODAY. In fact I am going to have to do some unofficial research on this. So that this makes more sense let me set the stage.

I get in from the store. Bey has been shooting. I say "What are you doing?" and he says "Nothing." The reason I ask is because he is laying on the couch hands folded behind his head. He is staring at the wall. Literally just staring. He isn't asleep…I checked. So I say "What are you thinking about?" And he says…get this…NOTHING. So I of course roll my eyes. "No one can think nothing." And he says "I think nothing all the time." And I say, "I never think nothing it is impossible." Then he makes me sit on the couch. I am supposed to think "NOTHING" for 5 minutes. I didn't even make it 1. I am sitting there going "Nothing…Nothing….Nothing…man I really need to …ooops ok…Nothing…Nothing…what is the origination of the word Nothing….ooops." Anyway, I made it silently thinking nothing for a grand total of 2 minutes. It is impossible. This is some sort of lie that men tell women. Tomorrow I am going to call my mother and see if she has conducted more rigorous research than I have.

Another manly skill I am going to learn. I walk in the door from Church, gym, store. I am carrying groceries, and Bey looks right at me and says "I am hungry." You can tell the way he says it that he expects me to do something about it. I love cooking, and I take kitchen duties seriously. But I just wish I could learn that type of entitlement. I am hungry and expect someone to do something about it. =) If I said "I am hungry" I would get…"Well when are you making dinner?"

Don't get me wrong. I am not knocking on Bey, when it comes to husbands there are none that are finer. I just need to pick up some of these skills.

5 Mad Ramblings:

papabudda2 said...

Semms to me that saying you're finished is kindda like a man saying "Nothing". I mean I don't want to wreck your research, and perhaps I'm an anomoly, however, knowing you as I do, I don't think you're ever finished. Hummmmm!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.....Men make better Buddhists...No really...I've spent time in Buddhist monasteries...

IPG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IPG said...

I have had all the Y chromosomes than I can stand lately.
I need some girl time desperately.

Anonymous said...

Hey I love ur blog.. I've been reading it for a while..I think we are a lot alike..
Good luck to u..have a great year ahead...