Thursday, October 2, 2008

Where the mundane meets the sublime

I had a rocking day on the dissertation. It was one of those days where click click click click everything fell together. This happens so rarely that I deserve a new pair of shoes. Sorry, Bey. Supposedly I am on a shoe diet, and not supposed to purchase new shoes until I "do something" about my shoe closet. Since the "something" has never really been specified I am just ignoring it. Sorry, Bey. Obviously my darling Bey is the one expecting me to "do something" about the shoe closet. He claims he doesn't want to move 5,000 pairs of shoes to Phoenix. I just have to stop here and say 5000 is such an exaggeration….500 maybe but 5000? Please.

But back to the dissertation for some reason I have like 5 bad days for every fantastic day. Wonder why that is? Again work has threatened to bury me. But I made it out alive. ;) Tomorrow night I am eating dinner with my friend Jessie. She and I have been too busy to get together since MARCH! That is ridiculous that we haven't made time to see each other. However I am rectifying that situation tomorrow.

Bey did fantastic in his interview. I hope he gets the job. He rented a regular car, but they ended up giving him a PT cruiser convertible. SD is going to DIE! I know she is excited. She and her daddy are going to spend the whole day tomorrow together. He is taking her for sushi tonight. It kind of hurts my family is getting together eating sushi and going to amusement parks without me. I will be in Phoenix with SD soon enough I guess. I really want to meet SD's new little sister, and I just haven't made it to Phoenix yet. Poor Bey says the desert landscape depresses him. We are going to move from our richly green landscaped home in Mississippi to the stark desert of Phoenix.

0 Mad Ramblings: